If the shoe fits…
When shopping for that perfect shoe for your wedding day here are a few things to keep in mind.
- Make sure your dress length is correct for your heel height. If you need your dressed hemmed at the bottom make sure to take your wedding shoes with you to your fitting & alteration to get an accurate measurement.
- What type of terrain will you be walking on while going down the aisle? If it’s a packed, hard, smooth surface you should be ok with any shoe type. If it’s grass, soft loose dirt, or cobblestone you may want to consider flats or transparent heel stoppers for your heels so they don’t stick into the grass & aerate the lawn 🙂 & causing you to go slightly backwards when you walk.
- Buy beautiful wedding shoes that you love! Even if u can’t see your shoes under your dress they will be photographed, so you want something you will like to see in your wedding gallery. You will possibly have photographs of your shoes by themselves, with your bouquet, & with you putting them on.
- Dancing shoes…..Consider buying some pretty white or gold sparkly flats for the reception to give your feet a little rest!
- I recommend pampering yourself before your wedding day & have a day to just kick back & relax. Idea: Go to the spa get a 1 hr Swedish massage, facial, mani, & pedi. Also, if you are wearing open toed shoes you may want to have your toes polished as well 🙂
I hope this helps when selecting those beauties! Happy Wedding Wednesday friend!